November 23, 2008

Day 10

Well Dawn is still having chills and a fever off and on. Today the doctors reported that her numbers are starting to rise. Her neutrophils are at 10. They have been at 0 for 11 days . She needs her neutrophils to be above 500 so she is safe enough to leave the hospital. They are expecting, if all goes as planned, for this to happen in the next 5 to 7 days, so she could be released as soon as friday. She also has been getting a rash which the doctors are looking into. They aren't sure if it is from the medications or chemo drugs or possibly GVHD (graft versus host disease). The GVHD is not common in autologous transplants but apperently can happen.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Had a wonderful visit with Dawn today I Love you so

rachvarnes said...

I just wanted to tell you that I love you (again) I hope you feel better soon..and I miss you tons!

Keep in touch!!