June 6, 2010

Birthday and Biopsy in the same week!!

Tuesday, the big 2-9.... my goodness time is flying. Two years, seven months of dealing with my cancer.

So, the spot on my spine is on C7 vertebra, needle biopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning at Harborview. Getting nervous about it. I remember listening to the bone biopsy I had last time, crunch~crunch. That was out of my hip bone though. This time it's a much different area. Apparently the spine spot was showing from the CT in March but because it was less than 1.5cm it wasn't considered large enough to investigate, now the spot is 1.6cm which means................. it grew........................ so..........................it's time to investigate. Had a really wonderful birthday BBQ on Saturday. VERY lucky the weather held out for us. Had such a great time playing Frisbee! I am fairly sure that is my favorite sport to play.... Frisbee is a sport right? :D

If anyone ever has any questions they are curious about NEVER be afraid to ask!! I am always willing to share my story!

Wish me luck for Thursday!!!!!! Sheesh... for Tuesday too!!!! :-D

Thanks everyone, I love hearing from people and try my best to respond!!

XOXO

Dawn

2 comments:

Melissa Anderson said...

Hey lady! You have such a positive attitude especially considering all you have to go through. You are truly an inspiration. Your optimism and zest for life even when life has thrown you such a terrible turn is astounding. I read a few of your blog post this morning and plan on reading all of them. I didn't realized that you were still fighting and no longer in remission. I hope that this next biopsy shows bone healing not another growth. LOVES!
-Melissa Anderson-

Dawn said...

I will be thinking about you on Thursday. You are a STONG woman and I love your attitude. I am going to start reading your older blogs and then be all caught up on here!!
xoxoxoxooxoxooxx
dawn