May 28, 2009

Surgery. ASAP.

Well this sucks. So much for organic making a difference in 2 1/2 weeks. The 3 new spots GREW. Damn. The doc said I must go in for the "next available" surgery time. :( Back to the hospital. Damn. They will biopsy one of the nodes.... it could be an infection.... or cancer. Then we will go from there. I meet with the doctor 10 days after surgery. Not sure yet how long I will be in the hospital. The gal better call me today with my surgery date. I am a VERY impatient patient. Maybe I am just being cynical but I told the doctor.... "I know it's not an infection" and you want to know what his response was???????? "I know, we just have to prove it". AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments would be nice. I know you are all checking for updates but a few uplifting words would be greatly appreciated. :)


xoxo

Dawn

3 comments:

rachvarnes said...

Hi Dawn...its been quite awhile...I am glad you are updating us all. I miss you a lot and think about you too. I am sorry you have to have yet another surgery...thats not fun for you Im sure. Anywho....on a good note...DID YOU KEEP UPDATED ON HOUSE??????????????????????? BOY was it good!!!!! The season is over...but....there were some great episodes.......you must must must...watch them! ASAP!

I love you and miss you!

Text me sometime..dammit!!

Laurie said...

Glad to see you blogging again--SO SORRY about the bad news! Geez! :(
Umm.. I do know that a few weeks to a month of good eats does not produce "instantaneous results"..would take a lil longer for sure for the body to benefit the healthy eating. ;)
Here is a few things I found for you:
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail."
Nelson Mandela

"Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines."
Robert Schuller

"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
Japanese proverb

"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."
Martin Luther King

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
Thich Nhat Hanh

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
Helen Keller

"You can't sit around and wait for the storm to be over. You've got to learn how to dance in the rain."

And if that not enuff inspirational food for thought; google Professor Randy Pausch and his last speech...very touching!
I luv you!
Virtual HUGS!! and my good thoughts and many blessings are being sent your way!
Till next time---

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, sorry to hear about the new spots and surgery. Cancer makes me want to stomp my feet and scream like a 2 year old. But less cute. You're in my thoughts, and I miss seeing you.

--Jenny from PGH