October 12, 2009

Four treatments so far

I have had a total of four treatments so far. This last treatment on 10-8 wasn't so bad. I did have Hailey's birthday party on the 10th and that was difficult. I was very tired and stressed. Results of the most recent PET showed good signs of everything still shrinking. The doctor did explain though that it could be recommended that I receive the full 18 doses or more. So... most likely another year of treatments. Doctor said also that if by chance in the next month or so EVERYTHING disappears it is possible to have my mini transplant after the first of the year. But most likely that will not happen and would rather let me continue on with the trial for as long as I can so we can make sure the cancer is dead before the final step of the mini transplant is done.
Thanks for reading.
That is all for now.

p.s. a mini transplant would require at least 4 months (with no complications LOL) of living within 30 minutes of the clinic. When that mini transplant might happen no one really knows.

No comments: