December 23, 2009

No more treatment right now.

So had my PET on 12-18.... got the results of them today. Treatment was canceled. I have more growing nodes in my neck. Both sides. It's a significant enough growth that the doctor is concerned that it's still the cancer attacking me. I have been taken off the clinical trial drug for now because if it is not going to work then he won't be having me take it. I have to be scheduled for another neck biopsy to remove one of these enlarged nodes and confirm it's the same cancer or whatever. Very frustrated. Was so excited in the beginning to have something that was FINALLY working. Doesn't sound like it is working anymore. It appears from what I can decipher on the foreign paperwork I was sent home with that the previous nodes shrunk quite a bit but there was significant growth in other areas. The doctor was sure to state "sorry for ruining your holiday" and "sorry about the bad news".... I am trying to be okay with all of this. I really don't want to crumble. When you stop hearing reassuring things from doctors though you begin to get worried. A simple "Merry Christmas, we will get this all figured out soon" would have been a little better.... anyway that is all for now.

I will be sure to post when my biopsy will be so everyone is informed.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you sister.